Join Waitlist We will inform you when the product arrives in stock. Just leave your valid email address below.
Email Quantity We won't share your address with anybody else.

Mantid Kingdom

Praying mantids and feeder insects!

Latest Posts

Bluebottle arriving next week.

My supplier for bluebottle pupae will be shipping next week, so I will have pupae to ship Tuesday or Wednesday.

Everything is up to day as far as shipping. Express is still the best option but so far I have had very few issues with priority, however I am still only shipping priority on Mondays, sometimes Tuesdays. Express is shipping Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Still no orchid hatches, sorry.

Bluebottle pupae delay. Oh, and ORCHID update.

My bluebottle order arrived mostly hatched, even with next day shipping. I will need to order more on Monday. Hopefully the new batch arrives fine. I will add more when my shipment arrives and confirmed stable.

I am still waiting on my orchid ooths to hatch. I have several at the moment. To answer the most common questions….

  1. I am expecting them to start hatching within a week or 2. Please sign up on the wait list to be notified when they are available.
  2. I will not give anyone a super secret heads up first.
  3. I am not accepting pre-payments or reservations for them.
  4. I will be posting here when they hatch as well as my facebook and Instagram so people will know when to keep an eye out. You should probably follow me on both.

H. majuscula nymphs

A friend of mine has some H. majuscula nympsh available. My group is still growing and is months from producing nymphs, so if interested I have posted her info below as well as the current pricing if you prefer not to wait. Please contact directly at polkadot.exotics@gmail.com if interested in this species. Limited nymphs available.

L3: $16, 5 for $65
L4: $18, 5 for $70
L5: $20, 5 for $75
Sub adult male: $30

Shipping delays due to extreme hot weather across the US.

I have been going through all orders and shipping those I believe may be safe with insulation and ice packs, or being held at the post office for pickup. My weather here was at 100F the past couple of days and looks to drop down to around 90 on Tuesday (today), so I will get more packages out then. Express packages are for sure going out this week as that is typically safe. In this heat, ice packs tend to last about a day, so they will protect packages going out, but 2-4 days in shipping and by the time they reach your state they offer no protection. Please choose express shipping whenever possible. If you are close to Oregon (WA, CA, NV, ID) shipping is usually fine via priority. Again, I have not had many issues shipping anywhere via priority, but I can see it happening more and more with USPS delays and rising temps.

I will be looking into changing to a different carrier after this week so I can offer safer, more reliable choices.